Here at Planet Elldrew we never need much of an excuse to throw a party, so Mama Elldrew’s spring birthday was in fact the perfect excuse.
With a rather cold and grey winter behind us and spring having sprung in a typically English “sprung a leak” rainy kind of a way, we wanted to make a tea party that was bright, cheery and also reflected Elldrew’s style and taste (centred around the birthday girl of course!).
We can’t believe it’s been virtually a year since we completed our house renovations (it took that long to get over it)! So we thought we’d pull together a quick ‘before’ & ‘after’ picture blog to show the transformation (more for us so that in 10 years time we can look back and remember it all, but also for our international friends who have not yet had the chance to visit).
We recently mentioned that we had commissioned a large format piece of art from artist and graphic designer Lene Bladbjerg, after spotting her talents at Spitalfields markets. Elldrew are happy to reveal ‘Acid Rain’, which is proudly being displayed in our lounge room.
Elldrew hate to say it, but truth be told, after 3 months of decision making, 4 months construction, and another 3 months to do “finishing touches”, we’re a little bit over talking about renovations. For the best part of a year our lives have been dominated by the search for and creation of our ideal home…and we love it! We love coming home every night to the finished result, but it was a labour of love. Nevertheless, not only did we want to show off a little of what we’ve done, hopefully we can provide some helpful handy hints for anyone else embarking on such a project (do ask away if we can be of help with any supplier details, etc).
We will start this series with one of our favourite rooms, the kitchen.
We all aspire to have a house that not only feels like a home but also reflects our personality. Regardless of the style or period of interior you like, at the end of the day it’s all about finding the right balance.
- 1st Christmas present purchased for the year, and so it begins #Christmas 20 hours ago
- .@quaglinos not sure what's going on with your service but as good as it was last time it's as bad tonight. 5 days ago
- Haha RT @quaglinos: @planetelldrew remember eyes everywhere #SaveTheQCoaster 5 days ago
- Look out @quaglinos we're coming to get you tonight #SaveTheQCoaster 5 days ago
- Japanese Sunrise digestif and the most divine petit fours. @kabuki_sushi @RitzCarlton @IntertwEAT #Foodporn http://t.co/Xv0V7LGUtR 1 week ago
- Churros, Japanese style @kabuki_sushi @RitzCarlton @IntertwEAT #Foodporn http://t.co/XIIOFnzdoZ 1 week ago