Happy Renovation Anniversary!
We can’t believe it’s been virtually a year since we completed our house renovations (it took that long to get over it)! So we thought we’d pull together a quick ‘before’ & ‘after’ picture blog to show the transformation (more for us so that in 10 years time we can look back and remember it all, but also for our international friends who have not yet had the chance to visit).
The finished decor palette utilised the ‘cool grey’ family which we applied to most of the walls, using white for trimmings and ceilings, but swapped this around for the main artery of the house; the hall and stairwell (we have placed an ‘after’ pic of this area but unfortunately the ‘before’ pics were lost when our mobile died – the hall had the same black and white tiles as the kitchen, using the original floorboards have made the entire ground floor cohesive). We created a darker ‘feature wall’ in the master bedroom. The colours have allowed us to create a cool interior during the summer months, and a cozy one in winter.
Having dedicated a blog to the kitchen make-over previously, we hope to concentrate on the outside gardens either this spring, or 2015, depends if we can find the energy, so watch this space for that one.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Tags: before and after, builders, colour palette, cool grey, design ideas, design tips, graphic design, home decor, home decorating, home design, home renovations, house renovations, interior design, london, painted walls, renovations
About planetelldrewA lifestyle blog about us tip-toeing around the globe, with a thump.
- RT @fashionbeans: We showcase the British menswear bloggers that every style-conscious guy should know & follow: bit.ly/1KwHfgj htt… 22 hours ago
- SO looking forward to visiting the @Gucci Museum #guccimuseotogo in Florence! Heaven! http://t.co/0RTKVUhGzH 22 hours ago
- RT @fashionbeans: Here's how to break out your legs without sacrificing your style standards: bit.ly/1EHAPYf http://t.co/Pp1EcXerut 1 day ago
- There's no way around it. Not looking forward to the tube ride home #hottestdayoftheyear #tfl 1 day ago
- RT @VogueParis: La collection Evening Capsule de Giorgio Armani à l'occasion de son 40ème anniversaire ! voguefr.fr/1HuUZ9c http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @trucvert: Who else needs to cool down? http://t.co/2a7VSnng6K 1 day ago