Happy Renovation Anniversary!
We can’t believe it’s been virtually a year since we completed our house renovations (it took that long to get over it)! So we thought we’d pull together a quick ‘before’ & ‘after’ picture blog to show the transformation (more for us so that in 10 years time we can look back and remember it all, but also for our international friends who have not yet had the chance to visit).
The finished decor palette utilised the ‘cool grey’ family which we applied to most of the walls, using white for trimmings and ceilings, but swapped this around for the main artery of the house; the hall and stairwell (we have placed an ‘after’ pic of this area but unfortunately the ‘before’ pics were lost when our mobile died – the hall had the same black and white tiles as the kitchen, using the original floorboards have made the entire ground floor cohesive). We created a darker ‘feature wall’ in the master bedroom. The colours have allowed us to create a cool interior during the summer months, and a cozy one in winter.
Having dedicated a blog to the kitchen make-over previously, we hope to concentrate on the outside gardens either this spring, or 2015, depends if we can find the energy, so watch this space for that one.
Tags: before and after, builders, colour palette, cool grey, design ideas, design tips, graphic design, home decor, home decorating, home design, home renovations, house renovations, interior design, london, painted walls, renovations
About planetelldrewA lifestyle blog about us tip-toeing around the globe, with a thump
- Yes it would rain as soon as I think about popping out to get lunch...and now thunder & lightening. Sips more water... 7 hours ago
- Restaurant Ca’n BoQueta, Soller,@Mallorca wp.me/p2rMLP-Bm 8 hours ago
- Day 10: Nothing quite beats a bowl of fresh strawberries on an amazing summers day #100happydays #strawberries http://t.co/KylNYljZvM 1 day ago
- @SmashGlass Ah thanks, still makes us smile when we think about it! 1 day ago
- RT @HubbubTweets: Local voices heard - Sainsbury's has decided against opening in South End Green. Well done @SouthEndGreener @planetelldrew 2 days ago
- Day 9: Hooray for keeping local shops local and Sainsburys out of @Hampstead_Heath @SouthEndGreener #100happydays http://t.co/OK8jROQsdE 2 days ago